I have always loved reading the spotlights on the sisters who have gone before me. I admire all of you and enjoy getting to know you better. However, I'm not sure where to start or what to say about myself.
I was born here in Utah and grew up in Sandy. After graduating from Hillcrest High, I went on to Utah Valley Community College. I loved being involved in campus activities and Institute. My lifelong goal was to go to BYU so I transferred up there and graduated with my Bachelors degree in special education. Before graduating, I served a mission in Korea. Upon hearing that most girls go to BYU to get their MRS degree, I was determined not to fall into that trap and am happy to say I was successful.
I started my career teaching at Eisenhower Jr. High and quickly started working on my Masters Degree from the U of U as a behavior specialist. (Don't expect my kids to behave perfectly though.) In the middle of all that, Brian and I met and dated a couple of times. The way he tells it, I told him to take a hike. I guess I did, in nicer terms. About 3 years after the first time we met, we dated again and after one date, started to fall in love and were married about six months later.
I have worked for Granite School District the last 15 years either as a teacher, behavior specialist or coordinator in the district office. I feel very blessed to work for people who support my efforts to put my family first and work part time for the last seven years. Since Brian and I have lived here, we've been blessed with four beautiful and hilarious children who keep us on our toes. Kylie is 8, Sadie is 5, Brock is 3 and Jackson is 18 months. My life centers around them at the moment so when asked what I like to do, I'm at a loss sometimes. However, I do try to find time to scrapbook, read and run.
No comments:
Post a Comment