I grew up in Manti, and graduated from Manti High School. I had known from the time I was about 12 that I wanted to work with premature babies in some way after watching my aunt and uncle deal with having a 30 week preemie themselves. I settled on nursing and chose to attend Weber State College. I graduated with an associates degree in nursing and started worked for IHC so that I could get 2 years experience and finally get the job I really wanted. As I was doing this I realized that my dreams would have to wait a little while while I served the Lord. I served as a health service missionary in the San Pedro Sula, Hondorus Mission for 18 months. I set up a health program for the missionaries themselves, and helped with educating the people about health and sanitation. I also did some proselyting.
Upon returning from my mission I finally got a job working at the newborn ICU at Utah Valley Hospital. I didn't think things could get better, but they did!
A nurse at Utah Valley befriended me and told me that she had someone I should meet. Not being a fan of blind dates I put her off, but she got around my protests and gave my phone number to her friend Brian Kamerath. We spent hours talking on the phone and finally met in teh early summer of 1993 and by the end of that summer we were engaged. We married for time and all eternity on November 19, 1993 in the Manti Temple. Brian was attending the U of U, therefore I gave up my job in Provo and took another one in Salt Lake. Then in June of 1995 I was hired on at the NICU at Primary Children's Hospital, where I still work and love it.
Brian and I have three children - Kaitlin (16), Jessika (13) and Garrik (10). We built and moved into our house here in the cove shortly after Jessika was born. We have been very blessed and happy here and plan on staying for a good long while!!
No comments:
Post a Comment