October 14, 2010

White Chicken Chili

I made this recipe for dinner tonight and it was so good I wanted to share the recipe.  This can easily be adapted to a crock-pot recipe, just add the sour cream and ½ and ½ twenty minutes before serving.  I bought a Turkey breast cutlet, cooked and cubed it.  I added a bit of cheese to the bowl before I ladled the chili in it.

It does make a lot, so Ron and I will be having it for several dinners and lunches. But it is soooooo good.  Enjoy!    -Julie Henricksen


 Ingredients:
  • 1-2 lbs. chicken breasts, boiled and shredded (I use a turkey breast cutlet)
  • If in a hurry…can use canned chicken or turkey chunks
  • 4 15 oz. cans Northern White Beans, do not drain
  • 2 14 oz. cans of chicken broth
  • 4 4oz. cans chopped green chilies
  • (can add or subtract depending on spiciness wishes)
  • 1 T. dried minced onion
  • 2 tsp. Garlic powder
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp. Cumin
  • 2 tsp. Oregano
  • 1 tsp. Black pepper
  • can also add ½ tsp cayenne pepper is desired
  • 2 c. sour cream
  • 1 c. milk, half and half or whipping cream
Method: Pour all ingredients into a large pot. Bring to slow boil, add sour cream and milk, half and half or whipping cream. This makes a lot! Usually half of this feed a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment