December 30, 2012

Sister Spotlight - Lynette Padilla

I grew up in Colorado, the oldest of five children.  As a young girl, my biggest dream was to attend college and to earn a scholarship playing the thing I was most passionate about: fastpitch softball.  I earned my degree in Electrical Engineering and never paid a dime in tuition.  I squeezed in a mission between colleges and was blessed to serve in Austria, mostly in Salzburg.  I met Gil, my husband, in my last year of college in New Mexico.  We were married after I graduated and I moved to Salt Lake six years ago for a job that I have since quit.  However, other work related opportunities have kept us in Utah.  I helped start a company three years ago, and that is where I currently work about 30 hours a week.  We have two boys, Braddock and Cassius, who are three and two, which keeps me from suffering from boredom, LOL.  I coach some local girls privately and volunteer with teams in Taylorsville here and there.  Besides softball, I love to ski and play golf, as well as basketball and volleyball.  I like to meet challenges and achieve goals no matter how big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment